Call for tenders trauma-sensitivity trainer
Academy for conflict transformation
- Online, Germany
The Academy for Conflict Transformation, a department of the Forum Civil Peace Service (forumZFD) is looking for a facilitator or facilitators tandem to conduct an online pilot training on “Trauma-sensitivity in Peacebuilding”.
The facilitator(s) would be responsible for the conceptualization and implementation of the training, supported by and in agreement with the Academy’s team.
• Participants understand the meaning of trauma-sensitivity in the context of peacebuilding and conflict transformation
• They are able to differentiate between the societal and individual levels of trauma, and understand the interrelation of those
• They have engaged in reflection of their own role within this context
• They are familiar with key trauma-informed practices, strategies and tools
• They have found, through the training, spaces for exchange and shared reflection, in order to combine theory and practical experience into learnings
3. Course Structure
The Academy proposes the following training structure, but remains open to suggestions from the facilitator(s):
• Four weeks training
• One online session per week (3 hours)
• 2 –4 hours of self-paced learning (reflection, reading, videos, integration) between sessions
4. Time Frame
The training should take place during the month of June and live sessions are to be scheduled on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, 8:00 –11:00 CEST.
5. Learning Platform(s)
The online course will be conducted on the learning platform ILIAS. For the live sessions we use BigBlueButton. After a detailed briefing we expect the facilitator to be able to use these platforms independently. Additional softwares and platforms, such as interactive whiteboards or brainstorming tools, can be used and offered by the Academy if agreed to in advanced.
6. Procedure and services of the customer and the principal
For details concerning the course procedure, preparation of units as well as services from the side of the customer/of the principal, please see Annex 1_Terms of Reference. This document complements the contract and is part of it.
- Trauma-sensitivity, 1 year(s)
25th April 2021
The following criteria have to be fulfilled:
1) Substantial knowledge of the theories of the course subject (peacebuilding, trauma-sensitivity, conflict-transformation), as well as hands-on experience on the topic
2) Substantial experience as a trainer and/or in adult education in intercultural contexts
3) Excellent skills of the course language (English)
4) Relevant professional experience
◦ substantial experience in a project in the areas of Civil Peace Service, Development Aid, Humanitarian Aid, Civil Protection or International Peace Work
◦ work experience in the course subject
5) Previous experience with online learning processes, dynamic and interactive online tools and the creation of safe spaces in the virtual environment
6) Strong communication skills, ability to recognize and respond to participants’ needs, willingness to implement constructive feedback
1. Rating area: Content
Rating criteria: Qualification - educational background I further education - 15 %
Rating criteria: Experience - experience related to the topic of the training I online training experience - 20 %
Rating criteria: Course Concept - 35 %
2. Rating Area: Fee
Rating criteria: Daily Rate (netto) - 30 %
How to apply
- Go to: https://www.forumzfd.de/de/job/call-tenders
- Scroll down to "Dowloads" for the Annex
- In order to submit your application, send an e-mail to email@example.com with all the necessary documents and the subject “Proposal Pilot Training Trauma-sensitivity”.
The proposals should include:
• A short CV with a focus on qualifications/ educational background and work experience
• A course concept with the structure, content and methods proposed
• A short motivational statement explaining your work approach and your expected daily rate
Please submit all documents in English.
We look forward to receiving your expression of interest by April 25, 23:00 CEST.
In case of questions, do not hesitate to contact María Requena López, advisor for Cooperation and Development (requena-lopez@forumZFD.de).
Further information about our organization can be found on our website www.forumZFD.de. English information about our academy is provided under www.forumzfd-akademie.de/en
María Requena López
In oder to send a message please, click on this button. Get in contact