Trainer trauma-sensitivity seminar
Academy for conflict transformation
- Online, Germany
1. Order description
The Academy for Conflict Transformation, a department of the Forum Civil Peace Service (fo-rumZFD), is looking for a facilitator to conduct an online training on the topic of “Trauma-sensitivity in Peacebuilding” preferably taking place in the first half of the year 2022.
The facilitator will be responsible for the conceptualization and implementation of the training, supported by and in agreement with the Academy’s team.
2. Course description
The training will be offered for a group of maximum 16 participants, all active in peacebuilding, who will come together to engage with the key aspects of trauma sensitivity and exchange on their previous experience and current needs. After the course, participants should have accomplished the following learning objectives:
• Participants understand the relevance and meaning of trauma-sensitivity in the context of peacebuilding and conflict transformation
• They are able to differentiate between the societal and individual levels of trauma, and understand the interrelation of those
• Participants understand the difference between trauma-sensitive practices and self-care strategies
• They have engaged in reflection of their own role within this context
• They are familiar with key trauma-informed practices, strategies and tools, especially for facilitating group processes in conflict settings
• They have found, through the training, spaces for exchange and shared reflection, in order to combine theory and practical experience into learnings
3. Course Structure
The Academy proposes the following training structure, but remains open to suggestions from the facilitator(s):
• Two weeks training
• Two online sessions per week (4 hours per session)
• 2 –4 hours of self-paced learning (reflection, reading, videos, integration) per week
4. Learning Platform(s)
The online course will be conducted on the learning platform ILIAS. For the live sessions we use BigBlueButton. After a detailed briefing we expect the facilitator to be able to use these platforms independently. Additional software and platforms, such as interactive whiteboards or brainstorming tools, can be used and offered by the Academy if agreed to in advanced.
5. Procedure and services of the customer and the principal
The work consists of the conceptualization of the online seminar, including putting together materials and designing the tasks and deliverables for participants to invest 2-4 hours weekly in the course. Additionally, it consists of the preparation and facilitation of the four live sessions, feedback to participants’ deliverables and contributions, as well as following the group’s learning process. One week after the end of the seminar, the facilitator sends a report (1-2 pages) to the Academy.
The content shall be prepared in collaboration with the educational consultant of the Principal. The Academy will create a user for the facilitator on the learning platform, which the facilitator shall update and use for the creation of an online course structure and adding material for the participants.
1) Substantial knowledge of the theories of the course subject (peacebuilding, trauma-sensitivity, conflict transformation), as well as hands-on experience on the topic
2) Substantial experience as a trainer and/or in adult education in intercultural contexts
3) Previous experience with online learning processes, dynamic and interactive online tools and the creation of safe spaces in the virtual environment
4) Strong communication skills, ability to recognize and respond to participants’ needs, willingness to implement constructive feedback
5) Excellent skills of the course language (English)
- trauma sensitivity, 1 year(s)
25th April 2022
How to apply
The proposals should include:
• A short CV with a focus on qualifications/ educational background and work experience
• A course concept including the following information:
· Course overview (short description of the course and relevance of the topic for the field of peacebuilding)
· Learning objectives
· Participants’ deliverables
· Weekly content with a rough planning of the content of each session
• A short motivational statement explaining your work approach, including information on availability
Please submit all documents in English.
We look forward to receiving your expression of interest by April 25, 23:00 CEST.
In case of questions, do not hesitate to contact Hannah Würbel, consultant for online seminars (email@example.com).
In order to submit your application, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with all the necessary documents and the subject “Proposal Training Trauma-sensitivity”.
Further information about our organization can be found on our website www.forumZFD.de. English information about our academy is provided under www.forumzfd-akademie.de/en
Team Academy for Conflict Transformation
In oder to send a message please, click on this button. Get in contact