Designing, initiating and accompanying communication processes among the different parties of a conflict is one of the core elements of peace work. These processes demand a profound understanding of the situation, an empathetic and multipartial attitude towards the parties and a comprehensive set of communication skills. This seminar focuses on your role of the peace worker as a third party in a conflict and explores the attitude, skills, knowledge and tools necessary for accompanying dialogue processes.
• Concepts and terms: dialogue, mediation, negotiation, facilitation
• Designing dialogue processes to fit the needs of the conflict parties
• Types of outputs from dialogue processes and their impact on individual and structural transformation in the broader conflict setting
• Types of dialogue formats
• Tools and skills for dialogue facilitation
• Paying attention to the detail
• Cross cutting issues: power dynamics, inclusion, gender, cultural sensitivity
• Introduction and overview of knowledge and key terms in Dialogue Processes
• Meaning of and conditions for designing dialogue processes to fit the needs of the conflict parties
• Meaning of and conditions for types of outputs from dialogue processes and their impact on individual and structural transformation in the broader conflict setting
• Meaning of and conditions for types of dialogues - shuttling, long tables, short tables, intra-party, inter-party
• Meaning of and conditions for tools and skills for dialogue facilitation e.g. establishing contact, creating safe spaces and trust-building
• Meaning of and conditions for the detail: physical space, use of voice, influence of gender, cultural sensitivity, power dynamics, translations
• Reflection of the own role in the field of Dialogue Processes
• Awareness of strategies, tools and case studies for Dialogue Processes in different contexts
This online seminar is a platform for exchange among professionals in the field of peace and conflict. It is a specialized training that provides the opportunity to gain the theoretical background for working with the concepts of gender and its cognates creatively and critically in their personal and professional lives, allowing identification of new courses of action in their own context.
To apply for the course, please click on the button. Apply now
|Evaluation||Zertifikat (Case Study, Homework mit individuellem Feedback)|
|No of Participants||16|
If you have any questions about this course, please get in touch.
In order to send a message, please click on this button. Get in contact