Reaching Gender Justice in Conflict and Peacebuilding
The training offers practical tools and a theoretical background to how gender-sensitivity can be integrated into the field of development, conflict and peace. It aims to give a thorough understanding of gender and intersectionality, gender-sensitive human rights and sexualized and gender based violence in conflict affected communities. Therefore, gender-sensitive conflict analysis, project planning, evaluation and monitoring as well as violence response mechanisms are central parts of the training by working on real live case studies from the participants. Through interactive methods the training explores critically how power hierarchies, colonial continuities and our own (gendered) identities as peacebuilders play a role in understanding and transforming conflict. Furthermore, international policy and legal instruments supporting gender equality, such as the Women, Peace and Security Agenda and newly emerging frameworks of feminist foreign policy are introduced and discussed.
- Gender, Intersectionality and Feminism
- Peace and Peacebuilding
- Conflict analysis
- Power and violence
- To understand the main theoretical concepts of gender, intersectionality, peace, and conflict.
- To be able to apply tools for an intersectional gender-sensitive conflict analysis.
- To learn tools to practically implement gender-sensitive planning, violence prevention and care mechanisms,
- To understand the role of power, vulnerabilities and marginalization from a feminist perspective.
- To explore self-reflection and analysis of one’s own positionality in the conflictive context considering gender dynamics.
The thematic training is designed for practitioners working and engaging in the field of development projects, conflict-related contexts or peacebuilding, who wish to learn about how to integrate a gender lens in their daily work. Previous knowledge or experiences of the topic of gender and gender equality are not required.
Depending on methods and topic of the training, we limit the number of available spaces to a manageable size (a maximum of 20 participants). Register early to reserve your place!
To apply for the course, please click on the button. Apply now
|No of Participants||16|
If you have any questions about this course, please get in touch.
In order to send a message, please click on this button. Get in contact