Basic HEAT Course
Be prepared for travelling and working in dangerous areas.
After a long flight, you arrive at your hotel. You step out of the taxi, turn around and are confronted with a weapon. The robber is shouting at you. What do you do? Fight, flee or freeze?
We believe there is another option: to react consciously, relying on your self-awareness and experience. During the Basic HEAT Course (Hostile Environment Awareness Training), you discover the tools you need to work in medium and high-risk areas.
Why choose a Basic HEAT Course?
• We believe in the power of simulation
Our team of trainers and actors offer you the chance to respond to life-threatening situations in a safe learning environment. These simulated exercises are so realistic that you will feel they are really happening. You will learn about your instinctive responses and how to control them.
• Safe learning environment
Your personal safety and well-being are our primary concern. We have a team of professionals to make sure this will be the best and safest learning experience you ever had. If you need extra personal guidance, there is time and professional staff for additional support.
• Personal medical kit and instructions cards
During the module “Medical Accident Control” our specialists teach you to use a professional medical kit specifically designed for remote areas. You will receive this medical kit (value € 99,-) for free to bring home and on your travels. At the end of each segment of the HEAT training, you will receive an instruction card with a summary of everything you have learned.
Content & subjects
• Security & Situational Awareness
• Field Security Plans
• Risk Assessment & Mitigation
• Gender Specific Risks
• Personal Risk Profile
• Communication Skills (in the field)
• Radio & Satellite Phone
• Medical Accident Control
• Life Saving Skills in Remote Areas
• Basic Life Support & AED
• Dealing with Aggression
• Stress Management
• Hostage Prevention & Survival
• Field Safety Skills
• Checkpoints & Road Blocks
• Active Shooting, Ambushes and Carjacking
• Ammunition and Weapon Awareness
• Simulations and Field Exercises
• For whom: Staff working and/or travelling in medium to high-risk areas.
• Language: English (incompany also in French and Dutch)
• Duration: 3 days, including two evening programs (32 hours)
• Breakdown of time: 30% theory, 30% practice, 40% simulations
• Group size: Maximum 14 (during simulations maximum of 7)
• Location: Soesterberg, The Netherlands
• Dietary wishes: Vegetarian/vegan/halal/other
• Certification: Yes
• Free E-Learning: Yes (after 1 year)
• Costs: € 2.450,- (including all materials, 2 nights accommodation and food & beverage)
Please feel free to contact us for more information:
Telephone: +31 (0)33-4630293
To apply for the course, please click on the button. Apply now
|Start Date||End Date|
|19th April 2021||21st April 2021|
|10th May 2021||12th May 2021|
|23rd June 2021||25th June 2021|
|12th July 2021||14th July 2021|
|11th August 2021||13th August 2021|
|1st September 2021||3rd September 2021|
|20th September 2021||22nd September 2021|
|4th October 2021||6th October 2021|
|18th October 2021||20th October 2021|
|3rd November 2021||5th November 2021|
|22nd November 2021||24th November 2021|
|8th December 2021||10th December 2021|
|20th December 2021||22nd December 2021|
|26th May 2021||28th May 2021|
|No of Participants||14|
If you have any questions about this course, please get in touch.
In order to send a message, please click on this button. Get in contact