Basic HEAT Course
Be prepared for travelling and working in dangerous areas.
After a long flight, you arrive at your hotel. You step out of the taxi, turn around and are confronted with a weapon. The robber is shouting at you. What do you do? Fight, flee or freeze?
We believe there is another option: to react consciously, relying on your self-awareness and experience. During the Basic HEAT Course (Hostile Environment Awareness Training), you discover the tools you need to work in medium and high-risk areas.
Why choose a Basic HEAT Course?
• We believe in the power of simulation
Our team of trainers and actors offer you the chance to respond to life-threatening situations in a safe learning environment. These simulated exercises are so realistic that you will feel they are really happening. You will learn about your instinctive responses and how to control them.
• Safe learning environment
Your personal safety and well-being are our primary concern. We have a team of professionals to make sure this will be the best and safest learning experience you ever had. If you need extra personal guidance, there is time and professional staff for additional support.
• Personal medical kit and instructions cards
During the module “Medical Accident Control” our specialists teach you to use a professional medical kit specifically designed for remote areas. You will receive this medical kit (value € 99,-) for free to bring home and on your travels. At the end of each segment of the HEAT training, you will receive an instruction card with a summary of everything you have learned.
Content & subjects
• Security & Situational Awareness
• Field Security Plans
• Risk Assessment & Mitigation
• Gender Specific Risks
• Personal Risk Profile
• Communication Skills (in the field)
• Radio & Satellite Phone
• Medical Accident Control
• Life Saving Skills in Remote Areas
• Basic Life Support & AED
• Dealing with Aggression
• Stress Management
• Hostage Prevention & Survival
• Field Safety Skills
• Checkpoints & Road Blocks
• Active Shooting, Ambushes and Carjacking
• Ammunition and Weapon Awareness
• Simulations and Field Exercises
• For whom: Staff working and/or travelling in medium to high-risk areas.
• Language: English (incompany also in French and Dutch)
• Duration: 3 days, including two evening programs (32 hours)
• Breakdown of time: 30% theory, 30% practice, 40% simulations
• Group size: Maximum 14 (during simulations maximum of 7)
• Location: Soesterberg, The Netherlands
• Dietary wishes: Vegetarian/vegan/halal/other
• Certification: Yes
• Free E-Learning: Yes (after 1 year)
• Costs 2021: € 2.450,- (including all materials, 2 nights accommodation and food & beverage)
• Costs 2022: € 2.550,- (including all materials, 2 nights accommodation and food & beverage)
Please feel free to contact us for more information:
Telephone: +31 (0)33-4630293
To apply for the course, please click on the button. Apply now
|Start Date||End Date|
|25th October 2021||27th October 2021|
|3rd November 2021||5th November 2021|
|10th November 2021||12th November 2021|
|8th December 2021||10th December 2021|
|29th November 2021||1st December 2021|
|15th December 2021||17th December 2021|
|20th December 2021||22nd December 2021|
|17th January 2022||19th January 2022|
|26th January 2022||28th January 2022|
|31st January 2022||2nd February 2022|
|28th March 2022||30th March 2022|
|11th April 2022||13th April 2022|
|20th April 2022||22nd April 2022|
|2nd May 2022||4th May 2022|
|16th May 2021||18th May 2022|
|23rd May 2022||25th May 2022|
|1st June 2022||3rd June 2022|
|8th June 2022||10th June 2022|
|22nd June 2022||24th June 2022|
|No of Participants||14|
If you have any questions about this course, please get in touch.
In order to send a message, please click on this button. Get in contact