International Training on "Nonviolence in the Context of War or Armed Conflict"
Since 1994, KURVE Wustrow offers once a year the „International Training for Nonviolence in the Context of War and Armed Conflict“. The training takes place in English language and is facilitated by an experienced team of international trainers.
The training offers a basic introduction into nonviolent conflict transformation. The participants develop a comprehensive understanding of nonviolence. Their awareness, attitude and competencies for nonviolent action are strengthened. They are able to apply what they have learned in their private and professional everyday life and act as multipliers.
The training supports exchange between activists, particularly the South-South exchange.
CONTENT AND METHODOLOGY
The methodological foundation of the training is the practical engagement with nonviolent conflict transformation.
The training's focus on the following areas:
• Understanding conflict and conflict transformation
• Principles of conflict interventions, such as partiality, non-partiality, multi-partiality
• Intercultural dimensions of work on conflict
• Political analysis and strategies of nonviolent action
• Work on reconciliation
• Human rights
• Dealing with stress and trauma.
The participatory and experience-based training focuses strongly on the needs of the participants. Exchange, reflection, and practical exercises are at the forefront of this training.
• Activists from local peace, human rights and reconciliation
• Volunteers or persons interested in nonviolent third-party
• Persons shaping approaches for educating populations
in crisis areas
• Persons working with refugees
To apply for the course, please click on the button. Apply now
If you have any questions about this course, please get in touch.
In order to send a message, please click on this button. Get in contact