Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT)
WHY INVESTING IN PERSONAL SECURITY IS A GOOD IDEA
Developing, maintaining and updating the security awareness of personnel can enhance their readiness and preparation for deployment or travels to hostile environments. Investing in the preparation of personnel deployed abroad is a fundamental step for preventing and mitigating security incidents and for the duty of care of sending entities.
HEAT is a 5-day immersive security training, preparing participants for travels to or deployment in high-risk and medium-risk countries. Participants practice and rehearse different types of scenario-based exercises individually and in team, based on a realistic and original scenario we have specifically created.
Level: high intensity.
Environment: high-risk and medium risk.
Location: Massa (Tuscany) and outdoor training facilities (Tuscany or Emilia Romagna region).
Methodology: a unique combination of self-assessment, mentorship, competence validation system, strengthens the security awareness of participants through a process of experiential learning, self-reflection and coaching.
THE COURSE FEE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation for 6 nights (4 nights in Massa at walking distance from the seaside and 2 nights at the outdoor training facilities in Emilia Romagna);
- Full board, from dinner on Sunday till breakfast on Saturday;
- Transport during the training week from/to Hotel to/from training facilities, including the outdoor training area;
- Welcome event and farewell dinner;
- 5-day training including mentorship and individual coaching during the Field Training Exercise;
- Individual online meeting one week after the training for additional feedback;
- Course material and additional readings;
- Use of sanitized Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during the training;
- Certificate of attendance;
- LEVEL5 validation of the competence of security awareness;
- Our Smart Revolution Security gadget.
HEAT is designed to enhance participants’ security and safety awareness and enable them to prevent and deal more effectively with risks, challenging situations and security incidents while traveling or working in hostile environments.
The HEAT training is designed in line with the standard of the ENTRi/ESDC curriculum and Annex E of ISO 31030 on Travel Risk Management. Our training sector is certified UNI EN ISO 9001:2015.
1. Security and Safety of Personnel Deployed in Hostile Environments
3. Navigation & Orientation
4. Medical Skills & Health Maintenance on Mission, including Stress Management
5. Checkpoint Negotiation (Official & Unofficial) Including Conflict Management
6. Weapons, Mines, Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) and Improvised Explosive Device (IED) Awareness
7. Hostage Taking & Coping After Capture
8. Compound / Base Security and Drills
9. Working with Close Protection (CP)/Convoy Security
Driving Techniques in Hostile Environment (urban & off-road packages)
The HEAT course targets personnel from the private sector, NGOs, journalists, academia, International Organisations and European Institutions, traveling to or working in high-risk and middle-risk countries.
PRE-CONDITION FOR PARTICIPATION
Prior to course enrolment participants are requested to provide a valid medical certificate of good health for non-competitive sports, since the training entails a certain level of psychological and physical stress, and to complete specific online training.
SAFE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT AND PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES
We provide a safe learning environment for the entire duration of the training, starting from the classroom and up to the field training exercise. During the training inclusion, open dialogue and interaction between participants are always encouraged and our staff is present to prevent and solve any possible problem. During the field training exercise a certified psychologist and medical unit are present for guaranteeing the safety of participants.
FOCUS ON COVID-19 PREVENTION MEASURES
Trainings are organised in compliance with Italian relevant national and regional regulations aimed at preventing the spread of covid-19. In order to attend the training, participants need to have the COVID-19 Green Certificate. Theoretical and practical sessions are carried out at appropriate locations, functional for maintaining social distancing between participants. Trainees are also provided with medical masks and alcohol-based hand rub, and individual sanitized PPE to be used during the training. Sanitation and disinfection measures are in place at all times. During the training introduction, a specific session will be devoted to precautionary measures to be adopted during the course by participants and the training team.
To apply for the course, please click on the button. Apply now
|Evaluation||Assessment for the validation of the "security awareness" competence|
|No of Participants||16|
If you have any questions about this course, please get in touch.
In order to send a message, please click on this button. Get in contact