Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in Civilian Peacebuilding Essentials
Civilian peacebuilding plays a crucial role in efforts to transform violent conflict, promote peace, rebuild war-torn societies and prevent the recurrence of violence. This postgraduate program provides a holistic understanding of civilian peacebuilding. It analyzes theories, concepts, debates, policies, and practices in the different fields of peacebuilding ranging from peace mediation, conflict transformation, the role of gender to dealing with the past. Additionally, you acquire skills and tools to apply in conflict situations.
The program consists of five on-site modules and can be taken over one or two years (22 course days) at the University of Basel, Switzerland.
In this program you will:
(1) obtain a comprehensive overview of the different fields of civilian peacebuilding and their main challenges
(2) be able to reflect critically on peacebuilding practices
(3) learn how to link theory with practice
(4) acquire practical tools and skills and learn how to apply them in your work
(5) have the opportunity to establish a wide network of peacebuilding professionals
(6) lay the foundation for your next career step in the field of peacebuilding.
Candidates must have: a university degree in a related discipline such as political science, law, economics or sociology, at least one year of professional experience, the intention to broaden their peacebuilding capabilities or to lay the foundation for a career in peacebuilding and a good command of English.
To apply for the course, please click on the button. Apply now
If you have any questions about this course, please get in touch.
In order to send a message, please click on this button. Get in contact