Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT) 22 - 26 May 2023
WHY IT IS IMPORTANT TO INVEST IN PERSONAL SECURITY
Developing, maintaining and updating the security awareness of personnel can enhance their readiness and preparation for deployment or travels to hostile environments. Investing in the preparation of personnel deployed abroad is a fundamental step for preventing and mitigating security incidents and for the duty of care of sending entities.
HEAT is a 5-day immersive security training, preparing participants for travels to or deployment in high-risk and medium-risk countries. Participants practice and rehearse different types of scenario-based exercises individually and in team, based on a realistic and original scenario we have specifically created.
Level: high intensity.
Environment: high-risk and medium risk.
Location: Massa (Tuscany) and outdoor training facilities (Emilia Romagna region).
Methodology: a unique combination of self-assessment and mentorship, strengthens the security awareness of participants through a process of experiential learning, self-reflection and coaching.
THE COURSE FEE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation for 6 nights (4 nights in Massa at walking distance from the seaside and 2 nights at the outdoor training facilities in Emilia Romagna);
- Full board, from dinner on Sunday till breakfast on Saturday;
- Transport during the training week from/to Hotel to/from training facilities, including the outdoor training area;
- Welcome event and farewell dinner;
- 5-day training including mentorship and coaching during the Field Training Exercise;
- Course material and additional readings;
- Use of sanitized Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during the training;
- Certificate of attendance UNI EN ISO 9001:2015;
- Our Smart Revolution Security gadget.
HEAT is designed to enhance participants’ security and safety awareness and enable them to prevent and deal more effectively with risks, challenging situations and security incidents while traveling or working in hostile environments.
The HEAT training is designed in line with the standard of the ENTRi/ESDC curriculum and Annex E of ISO 31030 on Travel Risk Management. Our training sector is certified UNI EN ISO 9001:2015.
1. Security and Safety of Personnel Deployed in Hostile Environments
3. Navigation & Orientation
4. Medical Skills & Health Maintenance on Mission, including Stress Management
5. Checkpoint Negotiation (Official & Unofficial) Including Conflict Management
6. Weapons, Mines, Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) and Improvised Explosive Device (IED) Awareness
7. Hostage Taking & Coping After Capture
8. Compound / Base Security and Drills
9. Working with Close Protection (CP)/Convoy Security
Driving Techniques in Hostile Environment (urban & off-road packages)
The HEAT course targets personnel from the private sector, NGOs, journalists, academia, International Organisations and European Institutions, traveling to or working in high-risk and middle-risk countries.
PRE-CONDITION FOR PARTICIPATION
Prior to course enrolment participants are requested to provide a valid medical certificate of good health for non-competitive sports (or sign an equivalent declaration), since the training entails a certain level of psychological and physical stress, and to complete specific online training.
SAFE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT AND PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES
We provide a safe learning environment for the entire duration of the training, starting from the classroom and up to the field training exercise. During the training inclusion, open dialogue and interaction between participants are always encouraged and our staff is present to prevent and solve any possible problem. During the field training exercise a certified psychologist and medical unit are present for guaranteeing the safety of participants. Each participant is provided with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Bitte klicken Sie auf den Button, um sich für diesen Kurs zu bewerben. Jetzt bewerben
Wenn Sie Fragen zu diesem Kurs haben, wenden Sie sich bitte an uns.
Bitte klicken Sie auf den Button, um die Nachricht zu übermitteln. Kontakt aufnehmen