Gender in Peace and Conflict
How do gender and other intersecting identities relate to peace, conflict and violence? How can they offer insight into deeper layers of conflicts and inform alternatives to promote conflict transformation, justice, healing, and structural change?
This course aims at providing participants with resources to understand the role of gender and other intersecting identities in peace and conflict, and to work with them in a transformative manner. It begins with an overview of the main perspectives in the fields of gender and peace and conflict studies. It investigates intersectional identities, exploring vulnerability and power in difference and belonging. This exploration is based on the discussion of academic and non-academic texts, videos and artistic creations and intend to draw from participants’ personal and professional experiences in dialogue with case studies. Finally, it aims at providing participants with resources for working with gender and intersecting identities creatively and critically in their personal and professional lives, allowing identification of new courses of action in their own context, and contributing to the dynamic balance of the conflictive system in which they find themselves in.
- Conflict transformation
- To understand the main theoretical discussions in gender and peace and conflict studies.
- To investigate intersectionality and to explore dynamics of vulnerability and power in the processes of belonging and difference.
- To explore self-reflection and analysis of one’s own positionality in the conflictive context considering gender dynamics.
- To explore analysis of conflict through gender perspectives in case studies, including interpersonal, communitarian and organizational settings.
- To practice identifying new courses of action to contribute to transformation.
To apply for the course, please click on the button. Apply now
|No of Participants||16|
If you have any questions about this course, please get in touch.
In order to send a message, please click on this button. Get in contact