Advanced HEAT Course
Be prepared for travelling and working in high & extreme risk areas.
When you are being deployed and work in high and extreme risk areas, your personal safety and security is vital. You want to focus on the mission and therefore you need the skills to operate safely in these areas. The Advanced HEAT Course (Hostile Environment Awareness Training) will give you a rational attitude and self-confidence, thus increasing your personal and professional effectiveness in the field.
Why choose an Advanced HEAT Course?
• Safe learning environment
A safe learning environment is maintained at all times during the course. There are more than 10 different trainers and actors involved in this course. There are always professionals present for supervision and to offer advice. If you need extra personal guidance, before, during or after the course, we have the professionals and time to accommodate this.
• Submersed in a scenario of hyper-realistic simulations
The course methods are based on role playing, hyper-realistic simulations and a continuous storyline. You will be submersed in a scenario for four days. The course is situated in a professional exercise centre. Theory and practical learning are combined with situation updates that will require action from your team. You will travel to several locations and will be confronted with ethical dilemmas, hostile situations and constant pressure due to insecurity.
• Your own medical kit and instruction cards
During the course you will receive a medical emergency kit (value € 99,-) to take along on your next missions. The content of the kit is specially selected for remote areas without nearby proper medical facilities. You will also receive instruction cards. On these waterproof and compact information cards you will find the summary of the most important modules of the HEAT course.
Content & subjects
• Security & Situational Awareness
• Field Security Plans
• Risk Assessment & Mitigation
• Gender Specific Risks
• Personal Risk Profile
• Contigiency Planning
• Hibernation/ Relocation/ Evacuation
• Communication Skills (in the field)
• Radio & Satellite Phone
• Basic Land Navigation
• Map, Compass & GPS Reading
• Convoy Travel Security
• Medical Accident Control
• Life Saving Skills in Remote Areas
• Dealing with Aggression
• Personal Survival and Mental Welfare
• Stress Management
• Hostage Prevention & Survival
• Field Safety Skills
• Checkpoints & Road Blocks
• Active Shooting, Ambushes and Carjacking
• Ammunition and Weapon Awareness
• Simulations and Field Exercises
• For whom: Staff working and/or travelling in high and extreme risk areas.
• Language: English (incompany also in French and Dutch)
• Duration: 5 days, including 4 evening programme (44 hours)
• Breakdown of time: 30% theory, 30% practice, 40% simulations
• Group size: maximum 14 (during simulations maximum of 7)
• Location: Soesterberg, The Netherlands
• Dietary wishes: vegetarian/vegan/halal/other
• Certification: Yes
• Free E-Learning: Yes (after 1 year)
• Costs: € 3.200,- (including all course materials, 4 nights accommodation and food & beverage)
To apply for the course, please click on the button. Apply now
|Start Date||End Date|
|8th March 2021||12th March 2021|
|31st May 2021||4th June 2021|
|13th September 2021||17th September 2021|
|15th November 2021||19th November 2021|
|No of Participants||14|
If you have any questions about this course, please get in touch.
In order to send a message, please click on this button. Get in contact