Gender, Conflict & Peacebuilding Course
This course examines the relationship between gender, violent conflict, and peacebuilding. Participants will consider how war and militarism are highly gendered phenomena that impact men and women differently, and relatedly, how peacebuilding processes account for gendered dynamics. Throughout the course, participants will consider questions such as: how do gender stereotypes influence the way that we think about war and peace? What is the relationship between masculinity, militarism, and violence? How has feminist peace activism contributed to peacebuilding and why should peacebuilding processes remain attuned to local women’s peace movements? What are the strengths and limitations of the design and implementation of the UN Security Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace and Security? How does conflict open up potentially transformative spaces for gender relations, and how can peacebuilding processes foster rather than hinder the development of gender equality in post-conflict spaces? Ultimately, participants will gain an understanding of the gendered dimensions of violent conflict and peacebuilding as well as evaluate the respective policy frameworks that address these complexities.
In this course participants will:
1. learn how to analyze the gendered dimensions of violent conflict and peacebuilding, including the various roles women and men play in war and peace
2. recognize the importance of applied gender analysis for policy-making and peacebuilding processes
3. expand their understanding of peacebuilding processes to include new, gendered strategies for effecting sustainable peace
4. strengthen their work in the field of gender and peacebuilding
5. exchange experiences and become part of a community of practice
This course is designed for practitioners and academics interested in complementing their own experiences with current conceptual insights and practical knowledge on gender and peacebuilding
Bitte klicken Sie auf den Button, um sich für diesen Kurs zu bewerben. Jetzt bewerben
Wenn Sie Fragen zu diesem Kurs haben, wenden Sie sich bitte an uns.
Bitte klicken Sie auf den Button, um die Nachricht zu übermitteln. Kontakt aufnehmen