Implementation of a successful training
- Have I created a safe space through introduction, ground rules, and physical environment? Have I built rapport in the introduction and established comfort among participants?
- Nonviolent communication: Have I used open-ended questions? Have I modelled active listening? Have I avoided judgements? Have I worked to create a space where all can contribute without dominating? Have I been sensitive to diversity? Have I been sensitive to trauma? Have I kept the group focused and on task? Have I been attentive to the needs of participants?
- Have I clearly outlined the objectives and the process? Have I ensured participants understand what is expected? In what ways may I need to alter the implementation?
- Have I drawn on the experience in the room? Have I elicited real-life problems from participants in order to frame the activity? Have I made the training applicable to participant’s needs? Have I devised activities that replicate the conditions in the field (i.e. case studies and simulations)?
- Have I allotted adequate time and space for participants to reflect on their experiences during the training? Have I prepared reflection questions that relate activity back to their learning objectives?
- Have I chosen adequate methods for evaluation? Have I provided the space for the participants to receive feedback from peers and evaluate themselves? Have I devised questions around content and process of training? Have I documented feedback? Have I planned how I will integrate feedback into the next training?
- To what extent did the participants find the training favourable, engaging and relevant to their jobs? Did participants acquire the intended knowledge, skills, attitude, confidence and commitment based on their participation in the training? To what degree did participants apply what they learned during training when they are back on the job? Did the targeted outcomes occur?
- Will evaluation feedback be shared with training organizers and / or funders? How will this information be used?
ASESSMENT AND CERTIFICATION
- Is there a certification of participation or certification of competence?
- Are the participants being assessed, and by what mechanism (workbooks, in / out tests)?
- Has the assessment process been internally verified?