Geneva Peace Talks 2018 Follow-Up
As announced previously, the sixth edition of the Geneva Peace Talks titled and aligned with “Peace without Borders” took place on 21 September 2018 at Palais des Nations.
2018s event was co-hosted by Rainer Gude, Strategic Partnership Manager at Initiatives of Change International, and Sarah Noble, Head of Peace Talks at Interpeace and Director of External Relations at IRIN News.
Watch the composition of talks consiting of mesmerising eight-minute stories on the promotion of peaceful societies both locally and globally yourself in the video displayed above.
As an appetizer, some of the speakers involved:
- Aya Mohammed Abdullah: Refugee, student and Youth Delegate to the UN Refugee Agency. Together with her family, she fled violence in Iraq, became a refugee in Syria and now lives in Switzerland, where she actively engages advocating for refugees worldwide.
- Diana García: Peace practitioner and researcher for CIASE, a Colombia-based organization that promotes the integral realization of human rights. At CIASE, Diana focuses on the incorporation of women’s voices in the Colombian reconciliation process.
- Hacene Ouahmane: Originally from Saint Etienne, Hacene works to integrate asylum seekers and construct harmony from diversity in Geneva.
- Jasminko Halilovic: Founder and director of the War Childhood Museum in Bosnia, the world’s only museum focused exclusively on childhoods that have been affected by war that has been awarded Council of Europe 2018 Museum Prize.
- Zakaria EL Baba and Wala’ Alsmadi: Passionate and young peacebuilders from the Middle East who are working with Generations for Peace to empower Middle Eastern youth.
Remember to sign up for 2019s Geneva Peace Week
- Registration for this year’s Geneva Peace Week 4-8 November 2019 will open soon.
- Further information at: https://www.genevapeaceweek.ch/